Service Meets Quality
Cooper Tire Company
Cooper Tire History
The company’s U.S. history dates back to 1914, when brothers-in-law John F. Schaefer and Claude E. Hart purchased M and M Manufacturing Company in Akron, Ohio, producing tire patches, tire cement and tire repair kits.
In 1915, Schaefer and Hart purchased The Giant Tire & Rubber Company of Akron, a tire rebuilding business, and two years later moved the business to Findlay, Ohio.
The firm changed its name to Cooper Tire & Rubber Company in 1946 and by July 11, 1960, the company became a publicly held corporation and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Aurora Tire carries the full line of Cooper tires in the Oak Ridges, Newamrekt area.
Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
701 Lima Avenue
Findlay, OH 45840
Cooper Tire: 1-800-537-9523
Cooper Tire Consumer Relations: 1-800-854-6288